- Exam times are available in Charleston Wednesday evenings, Beaufort available on Tuesdays and with other times by request. You can schedule your exam either by submitting the form on the Schedule an Appointment tab or by emailing or calling Dr Levin at (843) 425-0606. If you submit the form, you will get a confirmation email to confirm your appointment.
- Note: If you would like your exam in the next day, please call. If you get voicemail, leave a message and I will return your call within a few hours. I have better availability for next day in Beaufort than Charleston.
- View our Contact Info page for email and directions to the office on Daniel Island or Beaufort.
Exam Fees: NOTE FEE CHANGES AS OF 1 September 2020, I have reduced prices for Class 1 physicals to support those impacted by COVID 19.
BEAUFORT: There is a $10 discount at the Beaufort Office. Payment by credit card, Venmo, check or cash, $10 cash discount.
- Class 3 Exam – $130
- Class 2 Exam – $150
- Class 1 Exam – $ 160
- Class 1 Exam with ECG – $210
- Additional fees may be charged for complicated Special Issuance exams.
Prior to your appointment
If you have a medical condition or take medications that may be disqualifying (check here for the list) please review Sport Pilot Medical Requirements prior to completing MedXpress. Email / Call Dr. Levin if you have any questions about a medical condition, or a medication, before completing your MedXpress application.
Please follow the link to MedXpress and complete the history portion of your exam prior to your appointment.
If you have been seen by your family physician for a physical, list this in the section on “physician visits in past 3 years”. This is especially important if you are on long term medications like blood pressure meds. Also Please list hospitalizations/surgeries as appropriate even if they were “previously reported, no change”
When you complete the history portion of the MedXpress form, you will be given a confirmation number.
Be sure to print out or copy your Confirmation Number and send to Dr. Levin or bring it to your appointment.
What should I bring to my FAA exam?
- Picture ID (Drivers license / Military ID card / Passport)
- Your FAA MedXpress Confirmation number
- Your current FAA Medical Certificate (if you have one)
- Glasses/contacts – if you need them to see 20/20 both near and far. (20/40 or better is required for Class 3 physicals).
- Documentation of treatment and resolution of any significant medical condition or illness (e.g. cancer, heart disease, diabetes on oral medications). Note: If you have a special issuance letter, please bring the letter with you to the exam (Information about special issuance is available here).
What to expect during your FAA physical:
- A review of your medical history
- Blood pressure and pulse check
- Urine check for sugar and protein (be sure to hydrate before your appointment)
- Distant and near vision testing
- Physical exam focusing on eyes, ears, heart and lungs, musculoskeletal function and neurological screening exam.
Note: An FAA exam is not a substitute for your periodic health exam done by your family physician.
Please review the following information as it is necessary for us to allocate the appropriate appointment duration. After you fill out the form below, click Submit at the bottom of the form, and your information will be sent to us. We will then contact you regarding the details for your appointment. If you are unsure about which Class of Physical is appropriate, click here to read the FAA Classes of Medical Certificates.